IIn a statement, Governor Ryan Luis Singson said that despite the mitigation measures and protocols in place within the province, cases come surging in due to the inevitable lifting of movement restrictions.
IS-C9 is a 39-year-old male resident of Barangay Puro in Magsingal town who went to the National Capital Region on June 8 with two other companions.
They came home on July 2 and headed to the local government unit’s (LGU) quarantine facility while one of his companions was sent home to the barangay, him being only six year old.
On July 13, a rapid antibody test was done, he was positive for IgM, thus the patient was swabbed, the same returned positive for SARS-CoV-2.
Contacts include those locally stranded individuals (LSIs) and returning overseas Filipinos (ROFs) accommodated in the same facility from July 2 to present, and the health workers thereat.
Since IS-C9 travelled with a companion who was not quarantined, and the other one discharged, the compound identified by the LGU as critical zone has been placed on extreme enhanced community quarantine, the immediate vicinity as the containment zone on modified enhanced community quarantine, while the rest of Barangay Puro has been placed on general community quarantine from July 22 to 30.
Extensive contact tracing shall be conducted by the Provincial and Municipal Epidemiologic Surveillance Teams in the succeeding days.
Meanwhile, IS-C10 is a 22-year-old female resident of Barangay Calongbuyan in Candon City who worked as a salesperson at a merchandise store in Rodriguez, Rizal.
She came home as an LSI together with her partner on July 19.
Upon arrival, they proceeded to a house in the barangay and stayed there for a day prior to reporting to the City Health Office.
Once tested positive for antibodies, they were referred to the Ilocos Sur District Hospital-Magsingal where RT-PCR was done.
Result came back positive to SARS-CoV-2.
With the foregoing, and considering the possible exposures, Barangay Calongbuyan has been placed on extreme enhanced community quarantine from July 22 to August 3.
In addition, Candon City, having three active cases at present, will not be receiving LSIs from July 23 to August 5.
With these new cases, Governor Singson requested everyone who may have had a traceable contact with the two cases to approach the health units closest to them.
Further, he asked the local chief executives of Candon City and the municipality of Magsingal to issue an executive order to efficiently implement the imposed localized community quarantine status resulting from the diagnoses and for the affected residents to follow the respective restrictions.
Singson assured residents that the provincial government, together with the health care experts, will continue to work earnestly to ensure that the situation is contained.
“So far, no local community transmission has yet been recorded in the province. However, we will have to come up with even more stringent measures for LSIS, ROFs, and authorized persons outside residence (APORs) since all 10 cases fall under these categories,” he said.
He encouraged everyone to adhere to the guidelines and protocols set by the provincial government for their health and safety. (JCR/AMB/PIA Ilocos Sur)By April M. Bravo